[Gc] recent commit breaks default config tests

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Sun Nov 1 13:49:01 PST 2009

Hi Ivan,

this commit breaks the tests on darwin x86:

http://bdwgc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bdwgc/bdwgc/alloc.c?r1=1.52&r2=1.53

I get a failure here:

Unexpected heap growth - collector may be broken
Test failed
/bin/sh: line 1: 62744 Abort trap              ${dir}$tst
FAIL: gctest

1 of 6 tests failed
Please report to Hans.Boehm at hp.com

The config is w/o any arguments:

./config.status --recheck
running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ../bdwgc/configure
--build=i686-apple-darwin9 --target=i686-apple-darwin9

Just a fyi. I'll try to dig in later. The failure does not occur when I
use --enable-munmap=6 but then I also do not test the:

#Switched to incremental mode
#Emulating dirty bits with mprotect/signals

Andreas