Re[54]: [Gc]: GC + Windows Mobile + Threads + Patch for WINCE

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Nov 9 03:24:53 PST 2009

Hi!
Zeyi Lee <biosli at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> > > No, I'm not defining GC_REGISTER_MEM_PRIVATE.
> >
> > In the phrase "It's interesting..." I just wanted you to compile this test case with -DDEBUG_VIRTUALQUERY and send me what's printed in the log (the lines starting with "BaseAddress=").
>
> I will try later.

Ok.

> > Or you may safely use extra\gc.c instead of *.c.
>

> > > I tried to build the program in command line as you said.(This is the first time I compile program without IDE)
> > > The file os_dep.c, it seems no use in win32 program, and it occurs compile error, so I remove it.
> >
> > os_dep.c is required. Which compile errors it produces?
>
> I update the latest version, use extra\gc.c instead of *.c, and got same errors.

> os_dep.c(1438) : error C2081: 'PULONG_PTR' : name in formal parameter list illegal

Normally, [P]ULONG_PTR and SIZE_T are defined in basetsd.h. Send me (not to ML) please basetsd.h, winnt.h, windef.h and windows.h in your VC98 include folder. Also type (send me os_dep.c.pre):
cl -MT -DGC_THREADS -Iinclude -Ilibatomic_ops\src -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE -E os_dep.c > os_dep.c.pre

> Could you tell me what is using -E option meaning?

-E is "don't compile, just preprocess the source to stdout". Type "cl/?" for the full list of options.

Bye.