Re[60]: [Gc]: GC + Windows Mobile + Threads + Patch for WINCE

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Tue Nov 10 01:25:23 PST 2009

Hi!
Zeyi Lee <biosli at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > If I understand correctly, this results in "Collecting from unknown thread" abort, right? Is it compiled with VC6 or VC8. Unfortunately I can't try it with VC6 (but I'll try with VC7).
>
> Yes, this results in "Collecting from unknown thread" abort.(Under VC8)

Try to compile it from the command line (with same args as for VC6)

> Under VC6 the program runs OK.
> Could you tell me how to compile program use "cl.exe"(VC8) under command line?
>
> I tried use "cl -?" for help, then a message box show up tell me "Can not find mspdb80.dll....".

Just copy mspdb80.dll and mspdbcore.dll from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0\Common7\IDE\" to the place where cl.exe resides ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0\VC\bin\").

Also, as usual for VC++, you should set include and lib environment vars, eg.:
set include=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0\VC\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include
set lib=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0\VC\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\lib

If this will run ok then look into your IDE for options that used for compiltion (in project property pages).

Bye.