[Gc] time for an alpha release?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Sun Nov 29 22:34:53 PST 2009

That sounds like a good idea.

I did get a little bit of time to look at the heap growth issue a bit more.  There is currently a minor problem in that test.c is inconsistent about enabling incremental collection on different platforms.  On some, parallel mark disables it, as do some other features.  I have a patch to make this more consistent, and hopefully get more similar heap size behavior, but that's not critical.  And I'm currently travelling again, so I'm not sure I'll get the patch in that quickly.