[Gc] Maintainers attention: libatomic_ops

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Thu Oct 1 00:06:54 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-01, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 30.09.2009, 19:32 Uhr, schrieb Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk>:
> > On 2009-09-29, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> >> It looks like we're using automake 1.9.6 and autoconf 2.59?
> >
> > I believe that's the latest versions which are widely available.
>
> Not at all. Current versions are automake 1.10.2 and autoconf 2.64. I
> checked FreeBSD: automake 1.10.2 and autoconf 2.62; Ubuntu Hardy (the
> early 2008 long-term support release) already has the releases suggested
> below, current openSUSE has 1.10.1 and autoconf 2.63; Fedora 11 has
> autoconf 2.63 and automake 1.11.

Do they not ship older versions of Automake?  RHEL 4 and 5 ships
Automake 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.9.  Ubuntu 8.10 (yes, thats old) and
Gentoo has a similar collections but include 1.10.  My statement was
about the intersection of versions across current distributions, but my
samples are of course limited.  OTOH, for Autoconf there may not be a
greatest common version.