[Gc] Re: Texinfo manual

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Oct 1 00:38:50 PDT 2009

Hi,

"Boehm, Hans" <hans.boehm at hp.com> writes:

> I'm less convinced that converting some of the existing documentation,
> particularly on GC internals, from HTML to texinfo is a step forward.
> I suspect fewer people know how to maintain texinfo source than HTML,
> by a fair margin.  And we clearly want to maintain only one.

Well, the decision is up to you.  Texinfo definitely allows for more
than raw HTML (several output formats, etc.) and good quality documents
(consistent style, etc.).  Its markup syntax is quite simple IMO, and
well documented.

FWIW I don’t like the Doxygen/GTK-doc approach, because I think we need
more than just a list of assorted function prototypes and descriptions,
as shown in the HTML doc currently available.

Thanks,
Ludo’.