Re[2]: [Gc]: Latest cvs commits

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Thu Oct 1 14:42:54 PDT 2009

Hi!

Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> wrote:
> After a longer time I found a slot to test on darwin.
>
> Hm, it might be that my offtime was too long and I do not know anymore
> how to build bdwgc. But for me darwin i686/x86_64 is completely broken.
> A fresh CVS co does not build at all.
>
> A lot of duplicated symbols during link time.

Thanks. I've recently deleted "extern" for declarations in .c files - now I see that's wrong - I've added "extern" back (for variables). Now should work for you (the scripts are freshen too since you fetch from CVS).

> Is there a new config option I miss, I usually do a configure and that's it.

More complete testing:
./configure --enable-gc-assertions --enable-parallel-mark --enable-munmap=6

Also interesting to look into warnings list printed with -Wall (excluding for tests and cord stuff) on Darwin.

> The attached patch brings me back to work and all tests do pass on both,
> i686 and x86_64 darwin.

Thanks.

> If I miss something please tell me.
>
> Thanks,