[Gc]: Maintainers attention: libatomic_ops

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Oct 2 00:52:55 PDT 2009

Am 01.10.2009, 09:37 Uhr, schrieb Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:

> Hi!
>
> Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk> wrote:

>> > Not at all. Current versions are automake 1.10.2 and autoconf 2.64. I
>> > checked FreeBSD: automake 1.10.2 and autoconf 2.62; Ubuntu Hardy (the
>> > early 2008 long-term support release) already has the releases
>> suggested
>> > below, current openSUSE has 1.10.1 and autoconf 2.63; Fedora 11 has
>> > autoconf 2.63 and automake 1.11.
>
> I've installed newest autoconf and automake. Now, autoreconf -vif (after
> deleting libtool.m4) fails with:

If you've installed those into a different path prefix than libtool, that
may be it.

> configure.ac:397: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:471: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

Try forcing libtoolize and heed its warnings and suggestions
(unfortunately they are easily lost in the clutter).
Particularly, I'd suggest not to lump everything into
acinclude.m4/aclocal.m4 but use a separate m4/ directory as libtoolize
will suggest.

--
Matthias Andree