[Gc]: Problems with GC settings

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 05:38:30 PDT 2009

2009/10/1 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> The things that are changed since 7.1:
> - GC_PTHREADS/GC_xxx_THREADS are no deprecated
>  for external usage (GC_THREADS should be used instead);
> - now we have config.h (but it's only for building GC).

I see a problem which is also present in 7.1 and that is the fact that
the kind of thread model is not stored. More precisely,
gc_pthreads_redirect.h has code like

#ifndef GC_DARWIN_THREADS
# ifdef pthread_sigmask
#  undef pthread_sigmask
# endif	 /* pthread_sigmask */
# define pthread_sigmask GC_pthread_sigmask
# define dlopen GC_dlopen
#endif

since GC_DARWIN_THREADS is defined nowhere, then pthread_sigmask is
replaced with a function that is not present in the garbage collector,
which was built using GC_DARWIN_THREADS.

Again, the problem is that the garbage collector is not saving the
settings it used when configure'ing

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC