[Gc]: Problems with GC settings

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:16:39 PDT 2009

2009/10/5 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> If your project is multi-threaded then GC_THREADS
> is required to be defined before include "gc.h" (regardless
> of options GC is built with); if you would try to link your
>  multi-threaded program to a single-threaded GC lib,
> I'll get a linkage error - this is the intended behavior (IMHO).

Well, the difference is that my project may or may not be
multithreaded, depending on what the user wants. It is a compiler and
the accompaning library. If the environment and operating system
support threads, ok, otherwise, it builds single-threaded. Same thing
happens with other features in the garbage collector, such as
incremental collection, the generational algorithm, parallel threads,
etc, etc, It would be thus important to know what are the built in
features of the garbage collector when one builds software using
pre-installed libraries.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC