[Gc]: Maintainers attention: libatomic_ops

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Oct 6 22:19:32 PDT 2009

I have to confess that I'm confused about the status (a common problem for me when dealing with autotools).  Things more or less seem to work for me, though I'm still getting warnings and huge diffs during and after rerunning the autotools.  Can someone summarize the recommended reconfiguration procedure?

My understanding is still that the only way we can avoid both complete standardization of reconfiguration procedure and large diffs is to remove things like Makefile.in and configure from cvs, which means that anyone wanting to build from cvs needs a complete set of autotools?

Especially since gcc apparently still checks in those files, and we've had too few releases recently, I'd still be inclined to leave build-essential files for now, if we can make it work tolerably.