[Gc] libatomic_ops: time to alpha release?

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Thu Oct 15 10:59:02 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-15, Petter Urkedal wrote:
> > It sounds like I misunderstood something here.  These files are used only by autoconf to generate configure?  They are not needed by libtool itself in order to drive the compilation?  If so, I agree that it seems better not to check them in, though I think we do need the empty directory in the repository and the tar-ball?  Otherwise the reconfiguration process seemed to fail.

I forgot to comment on the directory.  Yes, it seems it needs to be
present.  I can remember if CVS supports checking in empty directories,
but it might be nice in my opinion to move "acinclude.m4" to
"m4/gc_set_version.m4" just to tidy the toplevel directory.  Otherwise,
one can create an dummy entry like ".dir".