[Gc]: libatomic_ops: time to alpha release?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Oct 15 16:18:01 PDT 2009

The only thing I found was

http://www.hpl.hp.com/hosted/linux/mail-archives/gc/2008-February/002127.html

My guess would be that this will require a bit more work than Petter's patch.  Bu I may be wrong.  In any case, this isn't a showstopper for a release; I don't think it has ever worked.  If we can't get a volunteer interested in OpenBSD to fix this, could we run the test without threads for now?

> # 3 (Solaris).  The dynamic loader does not find a GCC
> support library.  This is probably as issue with the
> installation and runtime environment on the machine, rather
> than with GC.  It may be fixable with a line in ld.so.conf,
> or by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or with a Solaris-equivalent.
> Still I believe the location of libgcc_s should have been
> hard-coded in the compiler.  Is the compiler moved, or is the
> -R option causing trouble?

Unfortunately, this is also a bit reminiscent of past experiences.  I have managed to test on Solaris 10 / SPARC, but it has also always needed weird hand-tweaking on my machine due to compiler misinstallation issues.  Since it seems to work with disable-shared, I also don't think this is a show-stopper, so it would be nice to fix the test.

Did we resolve the MacOS issue?  It looks like a recent change could have affected this.  Maybe it was just slightly out of date?  Otherwise the output of nm | grep GC_fail_count on the two files might be interesting.  The version in allchblk.c is declared extern, so I also don't see the problem.