Re[7]: [Gc]: libatomic_ops: time to alpha release?

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Oct 16 00:35:17 PDT 2009

Hi!

Nonetheless, I've applied the patch.

> > # 3 (Solaris).  The dynamic loader does not find a GCC
> > support library.  This is probably as issue with the
> > installation and runtime environment on the machine, rather
> > than with GC.  It may be fixable with a line in ld.so.conf,
> > or by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or with a Solaris-equivalent.
> > Still I believe the location of libgcc_s should have been
> > hard-coded in the compiler.  Is the compiler moved, or is the
> > -R option causing trouble?
> >
> Unfortunately, this is also a bit reminiscent of past experiences.  I have managed to test on Solaris 10 / SPARC, but it has also always needed weird hand-tweaking on my machine due to compiler misinstallation issues.  Since it seems to work with disable-shared, I also don't think this is a show-stopper, so it would be nice to fix the test.
>
> Did we resolve the MacOS issue?  It looks like a recent change could have affected this.  Maybe it was just slightly out of date?  Otherwise the output of nm | grep GC_fail_count on the two files might be interesting.  The version in allchblk.c is declared extern, so I also don't see the problem.
>
> Hans

This recent change was made on Oct 1, and it's unclear whether the buildbot automatically fetches the latest CVS or the source is manually supplied. i don't think it' a bug in the compiler but I've prepared the patch to make GC_fail_count declaration in the old style (it's a bit ugly and I don't want to apply it unless it really solves the problem). The patch is attached.

Bye.