Re[2]: [Gc]: How to build libgc under Windows Mobile 5/6(ARM CPU)?

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Oct 18 04:22:43 PDT 2009

Hi!
Boris Vnukov <burantino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, i have some more questions.
> The main question is: how can i build gc lib for windows mobile under
> MSVC2008. Thread you refer, as i understand, concerns non-microsoft
> compilers.
> Thank you.

1. Fetch the latest CVS.

2. At present there's no a working building script for VC++ CE, so I'm personally build it from the command line. The following command could be used to build a test (with max optimizations):

x86_arm\cl -Ox -W3 -GS- -GF -MT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -DJAVA_FINALIZATION -DGC_GCJ_SUPPORT -DNO_DEBUGGING -DNDEBUG -DGC_THREADS -I.\include -I.\libatomic_ops\src -DUSE_MUNMAP -DTHREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC -DPARALLEL_MARK -DUNICODE -D_WIN32_WCE=0x0300 -D_ARM_ -DARM -Zl -DUNDER_CE -DVERY_SMALL_CONFIG /nologo tests\test.c *.c /link /stack:65536 C:\VisualStudioCpp9\SDK_PocketPC2003\Lib\armv4\*.lib

The result of GCtest execution should be test.gc.log file containing "Collector appears to work" at the bottom.

Of course, you may turn off any/all of -D<macro> (or turn on GC_ASSERTIONS) based on want the config you want. See doc/READMe.macros for the general info.

> 6 октября 2009 г. 17:32 пользователь Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> написал:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Boris Vnukov <burantino at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > The first trouble i get is : there is no config to build *libgc* under
> > ARM
> > > platform.
> > > If i try to build sources of libgc "as is" - there is an error in
> > > GetStackFramesFromContext function of msvc_dbg.c (#error Unknown CPU). I
> > try
> > > to add:
> > >    machineType                 = IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_ARM;
> > >    stackFrame.AddrPC.Offset    = context->Sp;
> > > And than build lib but it crashes on tests with stack overflow error.
> > > Have somebody an experience width libgc under winMobile?
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> >
> > 1. Fetch the latest CVS
> >
> > 2. Look thru the recent thread for WinCE:
> >
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/3333/focus=3335
> >
> > 3. Any more questions?

Bye.