[Gc] include/extra/gc.h and cord stuff

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Mon Oct 19 11:04:22 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-19, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> 1. What's the purpose of include/extra/gc[_cpp].h? (for compatibility with what?) Should we still keep it?

The headers are installed in a subdirectory gc, but since a lot of
client code still may still be using "#include <gc.h>", those
redirecting stubs are installed directly to the top-level of the include
directory.  (If we want to get rid of these file in the long run, we
could do it nicely by conditionally issuing a "#warning" directive for
those compilers which supports it for now.)