[Gc]: garbage collection on OSX Snow Leopard

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 07:18:18 PDT 2009

2009/10/20 Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru>:
> Ok. (I've also fixed warnings shown by OS X in dyn_load.c on Oct 16 but the log still shows them...)
> So, OS X 10.6 is working.

Yes, seems to. I still have to find out about a problem with the
generational garbage collector, triggering some uncaught exception.

Regarding the warnings, the CVS log shows a date as late as 19/10/2009
so it should contain your latest commits:

$ cvs history | sort | tail -1
O 2009-10-19 06:49 +0000 anonymous [1.57] bdwgc/include/private
               =bdwgc/include/private=
<remote>/bdwgc/include/private

> OpenBSD is not working (needs a volunteer).

OpenBSD keeps its own port of the garbage collector (v7.1) with fixes
that apparently have not been accepted upstream.

> Solaris sparc/64 shared should also work (check your environment).

I fixed the environment. Tonight it should be working again.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)