[Gc]: GC + Windows Mobile + Threads + Patch for WINCE

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Oct 23 21:52:39 PDT 2009

> Hans -
> 1. the patch (attached) itself seems to look good/useful, right?
It looks like a marginal improvement to me.  I would have guessed that it might sometimes make the problem slightly worse, since it may increase the collectors idea of how much stack space it's scanning, especially since gctest is deeply recursive in one or two places.  If you want to check in the patch, fine.  But I think that if we want to really improve matters we should at least take the number of threads into consideration.  We clearly have another problem, which I don't yet understand.

> 2. I'd like you to try this test (CVS + this patch, compiled
> for Win32 (32-bit) with -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -DGC_THREADS
> (or similar)) yourself. (I'm really a bit short of time next week.)

I will try, but I have similar issues.  I'm currently travelling, and my Windows laptop currently lacks VC++.  But I'll try to find some time next week.