[Gc] Mingw Compile Issues

Thomas Lien tgunlien at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 22:27:18 PDT 2009

Hello. I'm am running on Windows XP using the latest MinGW GCC compiler and also MSYS command line utilities. When trying to build the boehm gc libary I first ran "sh configure" and that went fine. Then I ran "make" but I have a problem at the link stage with lots of messages like "gc-7.1/alloc.c:474: undefined reference to `GC_stop_world'.

Has anyone tried compiling using MinGW? I am attaching the output of both configure and make (make.txt has the errors at the bottom) in hopes that someone has an idea about why the linking is failing. Thanks in advance.

> gcc --version
gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)