[Gc] RE: ucontext.h deprecation in MacOS 10.6 (was: Compiling gc with gcc-4.2.1)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 03:12:42 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Boehm, Hans<hans.boehm at hp.com> wrote:
>> From:  Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
>> I am just having problems with the previous patch and v7.1 of
>> the garbage collector, because ucontext.h is still getting included.
>>
>> Juanjo
>>
> Could you clarify?  This is on MacOS 10.6?
>
> The idea behind the patch is that DARWIN and UNIX_LIKE
> should be defined, which should cause NO_GETCONTEXT
> to get defined, which should avoid inclusion of ucontext.h
>  using the include in the patch.  Is this wrong?

I still do not have OS X 10.6 -- it will take some days to ship here
--, but in the mean time I was making tests with v7.1 of the garbage
collector and that patch. It seems that ucontext.h gets included in
mach_dep.c in OS X 10.5 and that NO_GETCONTEXT is _not_ defined. I do
not know whether later versions of the library solve this problem.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)