[Gc] boehm-gc breakage between binutils 2.16.1 and 2.17 on FreeBSD[7.2]

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Sep 3 11:00:40 PDT 2009

Thanks.  Committed.  Also tested on a couple of Linux systems, just in case.

As far as I can tell, our mail system also has trouble with this type of attachment.
The attachment was fine on gmane.org, but it seems to be corrupted in two slightly
different ways in the "official" archives and in the mail I received.  My guess is
that it was somehow misidentified as a potential executable and altered to prevent
malware spread.  I'm unfortunately not an expert on mail protocols.  But the next time this comes up, you might try a .diff or .patch extension and see if that avoids the problem.

In the meantime, if anyone else wants to apply this patch themselves, please use the gmane.org version, which is the one I applied.