[Gc] RE: ucontext.h deprecation in MacOS 10.6 (was: Compiling gc with gcc-4.2.1)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Sep 10 18:29:48 PDT 2009

> From: Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> BTW, one of the great things about this garbage collector is
> its portability. I am currently testing ECL in a lot of
> different platforms and OS http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs.html
>
> I wondered whether this could be useful to your project in
> any way -- I could easily add tests for the current unstable
> sources of the garbage collector.

I probably neglected to reply to this earlier.

I think that would indeed be a significant help.  I don't run tests terribly systematically.  I basically try to scrounge up a variety of machines before a major release.  My impression is that Ivan sometimes does better, but I don't think he runs anything like daily tests on the CVS version.

It would probably be most useful to test the CVS version with --enable-gc-assertions or equivalent, though that's not a good production configuration.