Re[4]: [Gc] Dependency tracking for configuration macros

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Sep 12 01:31:07 PDT 2009

Hi!

Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk> wrote:
> On 2009-09-11, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> > Petter, could you repost all your ideas and pending suggested patches regarding build scripts (including for acinclude.m4) having today's CVS shapshot? (It's now possible to have config.h at GC build.) It might be good to freshen some scripts now.
>
> I can see you already added the "#include"s, so the new patch mostly
> affects the build files.  I put config.h under private since that's how
> they're used.

My considerations below are for .c/h files only (the script changes are for review by Hans).

1. I don't think "config.h" -> "private/config.h" change is needed for gc_priv.h and gc_pmark.h (unless you are having a broken compiler like old BCC32).

2. I'll post a standalone patch dealing with "config.h" -> "private/config.h" change in gc_cpp.cc, tests/test.c and include "private/config.h" addition in test_cpp.cc (I also add #undef GC_BUILD to it like in test.c).

> 2009-09-12  Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk>
>     Generate and use config.h instead of command line -D options.
>
>     * configure.ac: Move include flag from ${INCLUDE} ...
>     * Makefile.am: ... to AM_CPPFLAGS and also add the build directory.
>
>     * configure.ac: Call AM_CONFIG_HEADER([include/private/config.h]).
>     * configure.ac: Add documentation to all AC_DEFINE either directly
>     or using AH_TEMPLATE.
>     * include/private/gc_priv.h, include/private/gc_pmark.h, gc_cpp.cc,
>     tests/test.c: Change include of config.h to private/config.h.
>     * tests/test_cpp.cc: Include private/config.h.

Bye.