Re: [Gc] Re: Testing GC on IA-64

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Sep 14 03:48:37 PDT 2009

Hi!

ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic CourtХs) wrote:
> > It seems you forgot to apply ivmai130b.diff (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc/3142)
>
> Indeed, I was assuming the two patches were orthogonal.

No, that's to work around a 40K limit for this ML posts.

> The tests pass with these 2 patches applied, log attached.

Great thanks.

BTW. Windows on IA64 is still unsupported (for the multi-threaded case only). This requires at least code fixes around GetThreadContext() (and, may be, also in GC_get_next_stack(). And I'm not going to fix it now (at least).

> > (Also, GC_INITIAL_HEAP_SIZE might be specified thus resulting in such abort.)
>
> To avoid this kind of problem,  tests.am' should have something like
> (info "(automake) Simple Tests"):
>
>  TESTS_ENVIRONMENT = GC_INITIAL_HEAP_SIZE= GC_ENABLE_INCREMENTAL=no

May be, but for GC_INITIAL_HEAP_SIZE, this should (IMHO) be better handled in test.c code (eg: GC_get_heap_size() > max(max_heap_sz*n_tests, initial_heap_size_value)).

Bye.