[Gc] Re: pthread_cancel(3) confuses 'GC_suspend_all ()'

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Sep 17 03:28:19 PDT 2009

Hi,

"Boehm, Hans" <hans.boehm at hp.com> writes:

> Here's an attempt at a patch.  Tested superficially on Linux (Itanium
> and ARM) and MacOS with today's CVS.  (I seem to run into unrelated
> build problems on Cygwin, but that may be my ancient Cygwin
> installation.)
>
> Could you confirm that this solves the original problem?

Thanks for the quick patch.  Unfortunately, it doesn’t solve the problem
here on ‘x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu’: the test program I posted still
freezes eventually.

I suppose you need to make sure to test on a multi-core machine, because
I can’t reproduce the problem here with “numactl -C0 ./a.out”.

Thanks,
Ludo’.