Re: [Gc] Link failure on Cygwin

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Thu Sep 17 04:32:11 PDT 2009

Hi!

ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic CourtХs) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Linking libcord against libgc fails on Cygwin:
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive ./libgc.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
> See http://hydra.nixos.org/build/74624 for details.
>
> Ideas?

Is the rest working?

The problem seems to be due to the script creates static libgc.a but tries to use a dynamic one when linking libcord.

PS. I'm not using scripts.
Cancellation works on Cygwin (Cygwin v1.5.25-14 GCC v3.4.4 cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)

The changes:
- win32_thread.c: the cancel-aware code should be added to posix CG_mark_thread, GC_wait_builder, GC_wait_marker (same as in pthread_support.c).
- gcconfig.h: defined(UNIX_LIKE) -> (defined(UNIX_LIKE) || defined(CYGWIN32)) (may be, a cygwin version should be checked here).

PPS. It would be good to check the code on IA-64 (I think later when the problem would be definitely solved).

Bye.