Re[5]: [Gc]: Dependency tracking for configuration macros

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Sep 25 01:05:33 PDT 2009

Hi!

Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk> wrote:
> On 2009-09-25, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Hans Boehm <Hans.Boehm at hp.com> wrote:
> > > This looks fine to me.  I suspect Petter knows appreciably more about
> > > autotools than I do.
> > >
> > > I did not test it.  I just looked at the patch.
> > >
> > > Hans
> >
> > I checked in this one. Needs testing (since configure.ac has been changed recently).
>
> Thanks!  Some minor updates:
>
> * configure.ac: Add documentation for GC_THREADS and
> EMPTY_GETENV_RESULTS.
> * libatomic_ops-1.2/configure.ac: Request AM_PROG_CC_C_O due to compiler
> flags on test case.

Checked in only the first part. Confused with AM_PROG_CC_C_O: in the other libatomic_ops files we are using "AM_PROG_CC". Why do we delete it in configure.ac?

Other questions:
1. Why are we using DARWIN_THREADS (and friends) in Makefile.am w/o GC_ (while having them prefixed in configure.ac)?
2. Is this realy needed: "EXTRA_DIST += libtool.m4"?

> I'm omitting generated files, so this works after "autoreconf -vif".

Announce the full list (of the auto-generated files), please.

Hans -
I guess these ones should be regenerated soon. But what's the policy for presence of the auto-generated files in:
1. CVS?
2. in a tar-ball?
And, if Makefile should be present (in CVS/tarball), for which target it should be generated?

Bye.