Re: [Gc] Re: Re[4]: : Program broken

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Sep 26 01:23:38 PDT 2009

Hi!

Hugn <up2dream at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > My platform is wince 5(Pocket PC).
> I called GC_INIT() before GC_dump().
> The below code in GC_register_dynamic_libraries is never
> invoked(DEBUG_VIRTUALQUERY  is defined).
> #               ifdef DEBUG_VIRTUALQUERY
>                   GC_dump_meminfo(&buf);
> #               endif
> So, I add GC_dump_meminfo(&buf) before 'new_limit = (char *)p + buf.RegionSize;'
> Now, it can output some message about buf:
> BaseAddress = 13000, AllocationBase = 10000, RegionSize = 1000(4096)
> 	AllocationProtect = 1, State = 2000, Protect = 1, Type = 1000000
> GC Warning: Thread stack pointer 0005FADC out of range, pushing everything
> ***Static roots:
> Total size: 0
> I used a custom wince 6(for a EBook). But this problem is not exist on wince
> emulator with visual studio and HTC TouchHD device.

If understood right, the problem observed on WinCE 5but not not on WinCE 6 or emulation, right?

1. could you temporarily try (in dyn_load.c) replace:
 define GC_wnt TRUE -> define GC_wnt FALSE

2. could you also use -DDEBUG_THREADS and tell me what's printed after "GC Warning: Thread stack pointer..."?

Bye.