[Gc] vm_portect failed

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:41:24 PDT 2009

I have just upgraded my computer to OS X Snow Leopard and the garbage
collector stopped working as it should. More precisely, incremental
garbage collection is broken.

I first added the patch related to ucontext.h With that the garbage
collector builds just fine.

However, when I configure ECL to use the incremental garbage
collector, the library fails with a "vm_portect failed" message.

This happens both with the version of the garbage collector shipped
with ECL (7.1 + ucontext.h fix) and with a more recent one (7.2alpha2
+ ucontext.h fix)

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to solve this?

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)