[Gc] Maintainers attention: libatomic_ops

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Sep 29 13:46:08 PDT 2009

Thanks for doing this.

Just to clarify:

It looks like Ivan removed libatomic_ops-1.2 and added libatomic_ops, which I think is all you can easily do with cvs.  If you had no pending changes in libatomic_ops, it looks to me like "cvs update -d ." will do the right thing.  I'm not sure whether a local rename/mv will.  I suspect that might cause problems with the CVS meta-information?

I can build correctly again, but I'm seeing

../bdwgc/configure: line 1656: GC_SET_VERSION: command not found

I haven't looked into where that comes from.

I suspect we should standardize on particular versions of the autotools to minimize gratuitous and voluminous output from cvs diff.

It looks like we're using automake 1.9.6 and autoconf 2.59?