[Gc] Maintainers attention: libatomic_ops

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 05:15:34 PDT 2009

Sorry, I forgot to mention one more thing: once you're confident that you
require minimum automake and autoconf versions as described in my earlier
message, you can remove the auto* generated files from CVS altogether and
instead list them in .cvsignore. That removes any need to generate or view
the diffs. You'd need to add instructions to run "autoreconf" on CVS
checkouts somewhere. For tarballs generated through "make distcheck" (or
"make dist"), nothing should change, they are self-contained and do not
require automake/autoconf/libtool on the end user's system. If they know
libltdl I don't know off-hand.

HTH

--
Matthias Andree