[Gc] Texinfo manual

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Sep 30 21:51:16 PDT 2009

I'd be interested in additional opinions.

My feeling is that more complete docoumentation, in a format other than header file comments, would be great.  So that part should clearly be included.  Probably that would mean that in the future the header file comments gradually morph to much shorter descriptions, with pointers to the documentation.

I'm less convinced that converting some of the existing documentation, particularly on GC internals, from HTML to texinfo is a step forward.  I suspect fewer people know how to maintain texinfo source than HTML, by a fair margin.  And we clearly want to maintain only one.