[Gc] Maintainers attention: libatomic_ops

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 23:51:52 PDT 2009

Am 30.09.2009, 19:32 Uhr, schrieb Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk>:

> On 2009-09-29, Boehm, Hans wrote:
>> I suspect we should standardize on particular versions of the autotools
>> to minimize gratuitous and voluminous output from cvs diff.
>
> That sounds link a good thing for the CVS commits, while the build files
> should still be fixed to work with any later version.  That shouldn't be
> hard, since IMHO Automake is pretty stable nowadays.
>
>> It looks like we're using automake 1.9.6 and autoconf 2.59?
>
> I believe that's the latest versions which are widely available.

Not at all. Current versions are automake 1.10.2 and autoconf 2.64. I
checked FreeBSD: automake 1.10.2 and autoconf 2.62; Ubuntu Hardy (the
early 2008 long-term support release) already has the releases suggested
below, current openSUSE has 1.10.1 and autoconf 2.63; Fedora 11 has
autoconf 2.63 and automake 1.11.

autoconf 2.59 is decrepit (released 2003), use 2.62 instead (18 months
old),
and automake 1.10 is also 3 years old; 1.10.1 around one and a half.

--
Matthias Andree