[Gc] Re: gcc-4.6 with gc-cvs = 'GC_CreateThread' was not declared in this scope

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 15 04:39:46 PDT 2010

Ivan Maidanski <ivmai at mail.ru> writes:

> Hello, Dima!
>
> 1. GC_CreateThread proto has not been changed in v7.

Thanks for confirmation.

> 2. compile win32-threads.cc with -E and examine the preprocessor output to see where GC_CreateThread is declared.

It wasn't defined at all. I have changed the gcc/libjava/configure.ac to
define GC_WIN32_THREADS 1. After that everything worked =) it was simply
not managing to get through gc_config_macros heuristics.

> 3. typically it's better to use _beginthreadex instead of CreateThread on Win32.

What is the difference?

> 4. GC_NOT_DLL is now meaningful only for MS Visual Studio (not mingw).

Thanks. Removed.

> Regards.

Thanks a lot for the preprocessor hint, got me poking in the right
direction.

Regards.