[Gc] Re: GC v.7.1 DARWIN x86 usage of threads

windev92 windev92 at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 30 15:47:34 PDT 2010

thanks Jim and Ivan for your quick response.

I understood in the meantime how to use it, there is no other way than using
pthread on DARWIN.
gc.h overrides pthread_create, and registers it. We just need to inculde gc.h
and this does the trick. My gc client code is portable, has to run on win32 and
darwin, that means, on Win32 I ll have to use pthread_create as well for code
clarity.
1. Did any of you have tested pthread_create instead of GC_CreateThread on
Win32(v.7.1)? Does it work fine?
2. Jim, I m not sure if I have understood you well. Do you mean that if you have
a non-libgc-pthread (not including gc.h), stop_the_world will also suspend it?
Could you please detail your idea with a use case, with expected behavior
against wrong behavior you have noticed?
Please also share your patch, and how to use it, is it 7.1 by the way?

Many thanks