Re[2]: Fwd: [Gc] Performance of bdwgc7.2 had degraded compared to 6.8 - the patch to test

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Tue Dec 14 11:29:42 PST 2010

Hi all,

If think the same (ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS slow down the performance of the benchmark).

I think -D ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS should present by default when building the collector but the application which does not need pointers to objects' interiors be recognized should call GC_set_all_interior_pointers(0) at runtime before GC_INIT().

PS. The presence of NO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION should typically positively influence the speed, I think.

Regards.

Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:19:03 +0100 ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic CourtХs):