Fwd: [Gc] Performance of bdwgc7.2 had degraded compared to6.8 - the patch to test

Carsten Kehler Holst kehler at pdc.dk
Tue Dec 14 23:17:05 PST 2010

We need ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS both for objects (yes we have multiple inheritance) and strings.

We have used ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS both in 6.8 and now in 7.2a4. And we experience the degradation. I tried turning ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS off but then our programs wont run so unfortunately i can't give you numbers for that.

I hope Manuel will run his test both with the different settings but also try 6.8 with ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS turned on.

Regards
Carsten