[Gc] Boehm GC and static library

Randy Buck sutekistudent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 08:59:11 PST 2010

I am having difficulty getting the Boehm GC to work with a static library.
 I get the following error: "Collecting from unknown thread."
The static library creates a thread and listens for UDP packets coming into
it.  If I do not create this thread, everything works fine, meaning it
compiles and runs but doesn't perform the necessary functionality.  I am
guessing that this is the thread in reference to the above error message.

How do I use the GC when I am linking in a static library that creates
threads?

--
Randy Buck