[Gc] Problems with GC_size_map

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 2 01:42:27 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Boehm, Hans <hans.boehm at hp.com> wrote:

>  You're using GC_MALLOC_WORDS in gc_inline.h?  The idea here was that you
> supply a freelist array that is used for fast inline allocation of small
> objects.  The fast path shouldn't access GC_arrays.  The slow path uses
> function calls into the collector.  This code is also used by
> thread-local-allocation, but otherwise may not be tremendously well tested.

I have a stupid question. The tiny free list, does it have to be allocated
as atomic or as ordinary? And from the header I understood there is no need
for locking and can be used for thread-local allocation of data that is
shared by all threads. Is this correct?

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC