[Gc] atomic_ops: bugfix for Solaris x86/amd64

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Feb 3 14:01:01 PST 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 9:29 AM, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> AFAIK, v9 is always 64-bit (so it's ok to -D AO_NO_SPARC_V9 if you
> know the target is 32-bit).

I have a SPARC Ultra II on my desk.  The hardware is supported by both
32-bit and 64-bit kernels.  The 64-bit kernel can run both 32-bit and
64-bit programs.

Using the Sun C compiler, you compile for 32-bit mode using
-m32 and for 64-bit mode using -m64.  As I only have about
1.5 GB of memory, I normally use 32-bit mode, just compiling
in 64-bit mode from time to time to make sure it works.
With the compiler release I have, -m32 is the default.

By experiment, if you compile with the -m64 option, you get
	-D__sparcv9
and if you compile with the -m32 option, you don't.