[Gc] [libatomic_ops] bug with gcc/x86_64/CAS

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Feb 18 09:59:36 PST 2010

I understand that they've been supported.  The problem is that they haven't always behaved as documented, and the documentation has been imprecise with respect to memory ordering,  in part because the API just doesn't provide enough options.  Part of libatomic_ops charter is to try to deal with those issues.  I think it does so better than __sync, but less well than a full implementation of the C++0x atomics would.

Hans

  _____