[Gc] FW: GC: Time for GC final release?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Jul 1 17:13:47 PDT 2010

> From: Ivan Maidanski [mailto:ivmai at mail.ru]

> My original post (detected as spam):

> Hello!

> Hans -
> There's little GC commit activity lately. May be, it's already the time to produce a final release. What do you think?

I agree that we should make a 7.2 release.  The most major problem I remember are the pthread cancellation issues.  And those appear to reach deeper than just the garbage collector.  Can you think of anything else urgent that we've dropped?

If you want to go ahead and do that, we should be careful to tag the CVS tree correctly.  I think we neglected to do that at the last alpha release, though it's probably still possible to fix that.