[Gc] Re: Want to find reason of heap size keep growth

biosli biosli at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 20:10:25 PDT 2010

biosli <biosli at ...> writes:

> Hi, all:
>
> I add gc, build with macro SMALL_CONFIG, USE_MUNMAP, GC_THREADS and
> ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS, in my Windows Mobile project.
>
> I think gc may not free all memory block I no longer used(which didn't call
> GC_Free), that make the heap size keep growth.
>
> I want to find reason of that, how can I print debug info with call chain of
> the heap holded pointer.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Hi all,

There is a further test for heap size growth.

I checked GC_dump(), finding when heap size grows.

I got the following warnings:

GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 2305024):
	May lead to memory leak and poor performance.

Then the heap size grows.

I've used GC_MALLOC_ATOMIC_IGNORE_OFF_PAGE malloc large block(as bitmap array,
data array, or string).

Can you kindly advise how i can prevent this warning from happending?

Thanks for all you help.