Re[2]: [Gc] Allocating Executable Memory

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Jul 23 13:10:42 PDT 2010

The patch is incomplete. gc.h should be affected too. Also supply better doc comments (in gc.h). Update NO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION documentation. Send me Changelog entries please. Also, PROT_EXEC is not defined for every platform (e.g. Win32 which supports executable code in the allocated memory) - we shouldn't define a static variable which is always a const. GC_get_pages_executable() should better actually return 1/0 instead of exec_flag.