[Gc] Re: Valgrind patch

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Mar 11 01:17:34 PST 2010

Hi,

No Itisnt <theseaisinhere at gmail.com> writes:

> This new patch uses GC_get_stack_base when linux threads is available.

I find the phrase “Linux threads” confusing since that’s the name of the
former thread library used on GNU/Linux.  It’s not what you meant, is
it?

> So on Linux builds, GC_linux_stack_base now prefers GC_get_stack_base
> -> __libc_stack_end -> /proc/self/stat.

Again, I don’t think the kernel matters much here.  The use of
‘__libc_stack_end’ should be in #ifdef __GLIBC__ so that it will just
work on all GNU variants (currently GNU/Linux, GNU/Hurd, and
GNU/kFreeBSD).

Also, /proc is the third method in this list, so it may be that it will
never be used in that list.  If that is the case, code that handles it
could be dropped altogether.

Thanks,
Ludo’.