[Gc] Re: Valgrind patch

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Mar 12 19:07:18 PST 2010

> Hans -
> what do you think about using pthread_attr_getstack() in
> GC_get_main_stack_base() by default for Linux with threads?

I can't immediately think of a problem, though it probably requires some testing across hardware platforms.

Historically, I think the problem with pthread_getattr_np has been that it isn't correctly implemented for single-threaded apps.  Hence we can't consistently rely on it.  If you search for pthread_getattr_np in the gmane archives you get a fair amount of ancient history.