Re[2]: [Gc] make dist failure and aclocal.m4

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Thu Mar 18 04:14:21 PST 2010

Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:52:23 +0100 письмо от Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk>:

> On 2010-03-18, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
> > Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:06:28 +0000 письмо от "Boehm, Hans" <hans.boehm at hp.com>:
> > > The problem seems to go away if rerun aclocal and then regenerate everything else.  Is the problem just that the aclocal.m4 in the tree is obsolete?
> >
> > aclocal.m4 is removed as suggested by Petter Urkedal.

I'm sorry I was wrong saying aclocal.m4 had been removed. aclocal.m4 is present in CVS and up to date (at least autoreconf -vif produces the same one).
In fact, make complains about missing ./m4/libtool.m4 when doing "make dist".
So, should I add it to CVS?

> > BTW. "make dist" makes the tarball which contains a lot of stuff which shouldn't go to that tarball. (For a list of that files compare to gc-7.2alpha4.)
>
> I think the distribution should contain all the CVS source plus various
> generated files which may or may not be under CVS.  Since the Autotools
> where designed for free software, I think the idea is that someone
> should be able to take a tarball and make a fork based on it.

Except for windows-untested (as suggested by Hans).

Bye.