[Gc] make dist failure and aclocal.m4

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Thu Mar 18 10:36:13 PST 2010

On 2010-03-18, Ivan Maidanski wrote:

> Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:52:23 +0100 письмо от Petter Urkedal <urkedal at nbi.dk>:

> > > aclocal.m4 is removed as suggested by Petter Urkedal.
>
> I'm sorry I was wrong saying aclocal.m4 had been removed. aclocal.m4 is present in CVS and up to date (at least autoreconf -vif produces the same one).
> In fact, make complains about missing ./m4/libtool.m4 when doing "make dist".
> So, should I add it to CVS?

I think for the dist and distcheck targets to work, all the m4 files
must be present, so if one want to avoid running autoreconf before
creating a distribution, I'm afraid all of them need to be added back to
CVS.  (I should have spelled out the consequences when I suggested
removing them, but I didn't really consider the dist targets at all.)