[Gc] Extend win32 static root handling to Cygwin targets.

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 19 16:45:29 PST 2010

On 19/03/2010 23:31, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> Dave -
>
> Many thanks for the patch.  I suspect that this has been causing a variety
> of problems for a while.

  The impact has been mitigated (until recently, at least, and for gcc, at
least) by the fact of gcj always having used static linking on cygwin
historically.  (I don't know much about other users of your library, but e.g.
there's no mozilla or mono port in the cygwin distro.)

> I unfortunately don't know how to get around the
> libtool issue.   (But I'm hoping that by highlighting it again somebody
> else will speak up.)

  I asked on the libtool list.  Will let you know (as soon as/if) I hear
anything.  *pause*  Wow, that was fast, I heard back before I even finished
that sentence!  I'll just test it and get on back to you.

    cheers,
      DaveK