[Gc] Extend win32 static root handling to Cygwin targets.

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 20 05:12:19 PST 2010

> Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:45:29 +0000 письмо от Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin at googlemail.com>:
>
>> On 19/03/2010 23:31, Boehm, Hans wrote:
>>> Dave -
>>>
>>> Many thanks for the patch.  I suspect that this has been causing a variety
>>> of problems for a while.
>
> I've checked in the test files.

  And I've got the solution to the problem that libtool thinks it doesn't make
sense to build a library shared if you aren't going to install it (thanks Ralf
W!), you just have to spoof it out by adding a dummy -rpath argument.  The
attached patch enables the tests without causing anything to be installed.

ChangeLog:

	* Makefile.am (check_LTLIBRARIES): Initialise to empty.
	* tests/tests.am (TESTS): Add staticrootstest.
	(check_PROGRAMS): Likewise.
	(staticrootstest_SOURCES): Define.
	(staticrootstest_LDADD): Likewise.
	(check_LTLIBRARIES): Add libstaticrootslib.la.
	(libstaticrootslib_la_SOURCES): Define.
	(libstaticrootslib_la_LIBADD): Likewise.
	(libstaticrootslib_la_LDFLAGS): Likewise.
	(libstaticrootslib_la_DEPENDENCIES): Likewise.
	* .cvsignore: Ignore libstaticrootslib.la.

  As always, needs a full "autoreconf -vif" after applying.  With my various
installed versions of everything, I get a lot of re-libtoolize churn, so I've
left off the various "Regenerate" lines from the changelog because whoever
applies the patch will likely get a different set of files.

    cheers,
      DaveK